Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Things on the Horizon

First I'll apologize to the very few people who actually read my blog for not being present the last few weeks. So much has been going on and thus the length of this post.
First, James and I went on a short work trip with Jay to Harrisonburg and Charlottesville VA, then we headed to Lynchburg to my mom's house for a while. Jay went back to NY and James and I stayed with my mom for a while. She just did a major renovation on her house- mainly her kitchen and living/TV area and we went to help her finish it up and put it back together. She had a lot of mixed feelings throughout the process, thinking about my dad and all, but in the end I think she absolutely loves it. It really changes the house and makes things easier for her! I love seeing her happy about being home again.
Secondly and sadly, after 3 + years we are leaving NYC. Jay landed a job with Penn State University so we are headed to State College PA at the end of Oct. Scary! Next week we are headed there to find a place to live, hopefully we'll find something nice to rent and I'm sure it will have more room than what we currently have :) I'm sure I'll write more about missing NYC later, I'm not sure I want to get into that right now.
Finally, our last bit of news came as a surprise and came under not so great conditions. When we first got to my mom's house I was having some "problems" and called my OB here in NYC who suggested I take a pregnancy test. Much to my surprise it was positive, but we couldn't celebrate because I was sure I was miscarrying. Because I was out of town, the only place I could go and not pay a fortune, was the ER. So every two days I went to the ER for the same tests and exams until they could see the baby in the uterus. And finally, there it was with a little heartbeat and I was tearfully rejoicing. I haven't had any more bleeding and will go see my doctor here on Tuesday. I think that appointment will make me feel even better. We are very excited and hoping for a healthy pregnancy. I'm only 7 weeks along, so that's still super early- but it was hard to hide when I was spending so much time at the ER while visiting my family!
Some of you know that I have frequent/chronic migraines and when I found out I was pregnant I immediately stopped all the meds I take. I knew this would be bad, because these are things I should really decrease over time... and so I've had a headache since the day I found out. Some days it's not so terrible I can't do anything, but it's tough to deal with. And now I'm dealing with the flu/or a bad cold... I don't know. It's miserable. But I'm miserably happy- for the most part... I'm already missing some very very special friends I have here.

I'll have pictures to post soon. Sorry there aren't any this time. :)

No comments: