Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I've never been big on celebrating a new year, or staying up to watch a countdown and crystal ball fall down a 10 foot pole. It's just not appealing to me. So, I celebrated by sleeping. You may call me lame, but that's just the way it is. My son gets up by 7 am every morning and wakes me up with his crazy dreams throughout the night!
In any case, I'll welcome 2011 with open arms. Last year was a rough one, but there were also some smiles and laughter through the tears. I still have a hard time believing my dad is gone sometimes. My mom's house has been renovated pretty dramatically and I know that helps, but even at Christmas this year I expected to see him driving down the driveway or sleeping on the sofa. It's still a strange feeling and something that lots of my family is still adjusting to.
Here's what I have to look forward to in 2011:
  • On the 10th of this month we find out if this baby is a boy or girl
  • Finding a church here in State College
  • Meeting some friends
  • Having a baby
  • Adjusting to said baby and having James adjust as well
  • Possibly sending James to a preschool
I'm sure there will be a lot of unexpected things to come this year and I'm ready to take them on!

Happy New Year to all of you :)

No comments: