Monday, August 2, 2010

Beach Trip

Coming back from vacation is always difficult. It's hard to get back into the normal routine and out of vacation mode. My mom rented a beach house and took 6 of her grandchildren to Myrtle beach for a week- Max, Lauren, Gabby, Hunter, Alex and Jude. Jay, James and I flew there and joined her the next day plus Jay's parents came. So we had a full house! I love my nieces and nephews so I was looking forward to spending some time with them. Unfortunately 4 out of 6 are in that tween/teen period and didn't really hang out with us, plus they don't have a 2 year old that gets up at 6:30 and takes a nap mid-day: so our schedules didn't always coincide.
James had a good time though- he loved the water. Showed no fear at the beach, in the pool, or at the waterpark. Here's a few pictures:


Okay, so this isn't a great picture, but the sun was SO bright. This was a morning walk on the beach. This was a day after I rode the banana boat with some of the kids, we fell off, I lost my glasses and had to find a place in Myrtle Beach that could do 1 hour lens. Geez.
Overall we had a great trip. I am so thankful for the trip and for my family!

No comments: